Ta, dave!!!

But, as far as I can see, the documents refer to Shakespeare as (possibly the
principal) player, not as writer.  Or have I missed something?

I seem to remember somewhere a reference to Thomas Heywood as the principal
writer for a company, followed by the principal actor., which would parallel a
Shakespeare/Burbage sequence, but I still can't find that particular sequence in
the documentation cited for the King's Men.  The difference between *being* the
principal writer, and being named as such.

If Shakespeare is anywhere *documented* as "the principal writer [sic]" for
KJVI&I's Men, that surely would be A Really Big Deal,

Best,

Robin

(Incidentally, your emails are ending up in my Spam folder, together with any
emails which include material quoted from your [full] posts -- as I just found
out when I tried to send the original version of this!  Something to do with the
stuff following your sig., I think.   R.)