Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that the second Archivematica Camp (or ArchivematiCamp), and the first one in Europe, is taking place April 4-6, 2017 at the University of York.

Archivematica Camp is open to all types of Archivematica users, from archivists to sysadmins, and all experience levels. The camp includes an optional half day session on "Archivematica for Absolute Beginners".

The inaugural camp was held in Ann Arbor, Michigan in August 2016. Kirsty Lee and Robin Taylor from Edinburgh University were lucky enough to go to this one and blogged about it here. Well worth a read if you want to get a flavour of what a camp is all about (though I can't promise Danish pastries the size of car wheels at the York event!)

More information about the camp, including a draft schedule, is available on the Archivematica wiki: https://wiki.archivematica.org/Community/Camps/York2017 and we'll be adding to this as we finalise registration costs and accommodation suggestions.

Registration will be opening in a couple of weeks. If you have any questions, please contact [log in to unmask].

Hope to see some of you in York!

All the best,

Jen
(on behalf of the Archivematica Camp York organisers)

--
Jenny Mitcham
Digital Archivist

Telephone: 01904 321170