Dear all,

The deadline for proposals for Special Issues of Social Analysis is fast approaching - it's on the 15th of January.

In recent years we've had Special Issues on themes as diverse as hierarchy and value, materiality and kinship, animism beyond the soul, state and affect, atheism, uncertainly and displacement, and a great deal more. We are most interested in proposals for Special Issues that set out deliberately to explore and experiment with the analytical potentials of their theme, using original ethnographic research critically to probe established paradigms of social and cultural analysis.

For more information on the form and content of the proposals please visit the journal's website. Less than a couple of weeks left before the deadline! In the meantime, don't hesitate to write to me directly with any queries or ideas.

Best wishes,

Martin Holbraad
Editor of Social Analysis
www.berghahnjournals.com/social-analysis

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers
*
* To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
* go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.                                  *
*