We currently have a number of opportunities available for individuals who may be interested in doing a PhD or postdoctoral fellowships in epidemiology and/or drug safety relevant to primary care in UK.

Below some examples of potential projects :

·       Drug safety in pregnancy

·       Associations between oral contraceptives and depression

·       Communication of risks of drug treatment in pregnancy

·       Postnatal depression, prevention and long-term consequences

·       Use of electronic health records to identify new indications for treatment

·       Early markers of chronic diseases

Some of the projects will be based on analysis of electronic health record such as The Health Improvement Network (THIN) and population registries and will particular suit candidates with a numerate background.

For further information and informal discussions of potential projects please drop me a line on: [log in to unmask]

Irene Petersen, PhD, FISPE
UCL, Department of Primary Care and Population Health

Rowland Hill St

London NW3 2PF

Phone 020 7794 0500 extn. 34395

SIGNOFF allstat