Dear Mailbase,

I am planning an audit of the NICE coeliac screening guidelines (NG20) and as part of this am trying to assess what current practice is regarding antibody testing. I understand that some laboratories perform a "pre-screen" on site and then send the sample away for confirmation by another lab. If your lab has a similar process, I would really appreciate information on

1)      What test(s) are involved in the pre-screening test (on site/within your trust)

2)      What test(s) are involved in the confirmation (referred to another laboratory)

3)      What criteria are used to decide which samples are referred for confirmation

Any other information on the subject would also be very welcome.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Sally

Dr Sally Hanton
Principal Clinical Scientist
The Neuroscience Laboratories
The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust
Lower Lane
Liverpool L9 7LJ

Tel: 0151 529 5577

Please note: I am not in the department on Tuesdays or Fridays
[cid:image003.png@01D22BAC.12E989B0][cid:image004.png@01D22BAC.12E989B0][cid:image006.jpg@01D22BAC.12E989B0]
[cid:image007.jpg@01D22BAC.12E989B0]<http://www.cqc.org.uk/provider/RET>

[cid:image009.png@01D22BAC.12E989B0]

@waltoncentre

[cid:image010.jpg@01D22BAC.12E989B0]

The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and / or proprietary Trust information, some or all of which may be legally privileged, and may be subject to public disclosure under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
The information held herein should only be used for its initial intended purpose(s) and exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient then please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then destroy any copies.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Trust. All incoming and outgoing e-mails and other forms of telecommunication may be monitored.

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk