Hi Sarah,

Sarah Graves <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> It would also be very helpful to know about any communities using
> Starlink who we (EAO) wouldn't know much about? I.e. not JCMT/UKIRT
> users?

With my Debian hat on: From Starlink, we include currently three
packages from starlink:

* AST
* PAL
* Skycat

AST and PAL are used to build SAOImage DS9, which is actively maintained
and widely used. There are some users who have installed AST+PAL but not
DS9, but they are few only (~4%).

Skycat was taken over from ESO, and we have chosen the Starlink version
since ESO's is basically dead. Skycat have ~60% of the user base of DS9
wihin Debian.

We are also thinking of the integration of Topcat into Debian, which
would pull a number of Starjava (and maybe Starlink) dependencies.

If the meeting appears to be *very* enthusiastic, you could also bring
the "packaging" issue onto you desk: We would welcome a volunteer to
create Debian packages for Starlink (who could als take over the
existing ones) ;-)

Best regards

Ole