Hi all

I'm trying to get rid of some warnings when compiling STIR in C++11 (or later) mode, which is now the default for most compilers. The main thing is that we're still using std::auto_ptr which is deprecated. So, I'm going to replace it with std::unique_ptr. This is a simple search-and-replace exercise (as long as we didn't use std::auto_ptr in its dangerous mode, and we didn't).

This is described in detail at https://github.com/UCL/STIR/issues/63. Please comment there. One thing for instance is if it's good design to let read_from_file etc return a std::unique_ptr or not. (I think so, but maybe you disagree).

This change will break backwards-compatibility for developers, mostly likely for you only where you're using read_from_file. I will therefore do the change on a new branch first, but intend to merge that branch to master rather quickly.

Kris