Dear experts,

We want to investigate interaction between Groups (ex. normal and patients) and  a continuous variable  X.

I think I should do these followed steps:

1. Use 2nd-level modeling, and choose "Two-sample t-test".

2. Input normal subjects' .con image into "Group 1 scans" and patients' .con image into "Group 2 scans", then set Variance as "Unequal".

3. Create a covairate (variable X) for all subjects.

4. Run 2nd-level modeling and estimate its' SPM.mat file.

5. Reulst -> difine a t-contrast -> vector [ 0 0 1]

then I can get the interaction between Group and Variable X.

Is anything wrong is my steps?

or there's some better ways to analysis the interaction I want to investigate?

Thanks for your reading.

Best,

Chih-Hao