Yes. You are right. Assuming that conditions are constant in neural
activity duration, modeling under 2s doesn't make much of a difference.
However, as soon as you have variable condition durations, I believe you
need to account for the differential durations. My point was more that,
once you pass 2s, you need to model the duration even for constant duration
events.

With regard to (4), I just checked the most recent SPM release (r6906) and
0s is different from 0.0001s is different from 0.1s duration events, so
there still seems to be some differences.

Best Regards,
Donald McLaren, PhD