Dear colleagues,

The deadline for submissions to the What Works? Student Retention conference is 20 January 2017. See below for details.  We hope you can join this focused discussion around how best to deliver student retention and success

Any queries, please email [log in to unmask]

From: Student Retention in HE [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of What Works? Conference
Sent: 02 December 2016 08:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Join this key debate on student retention. What works? Final Conference 11 April 2017. Call open

NOW OPEN: Call for papers and bookings  – What works? Student Retention and Success – final conference.

Overview
The Higher Education Academy on behalf of the What Works? Programme are pleased to invite submissions to the What works? Student retention and success change programme: Final conference.

What works? Student retention and success change programme (WW-2) is a Paul Hamlyn Foundation initiative working with the Higher Education Academy, Action on Access and 13 UK universities across 43 discipline areas. The programme examined what works in terms of retention and success and, crucially, developed understanding about how to implement change. Read a summary of key outcomes, findings and messages here.

The conference will take place at 11 April 2017, Cavendish Conference Centre, 22 Duchess Mews, Marylebone, London W1G 9DT, 9:30 – 16:30. This is a one-day event to launch, share and discuss the findings and outcomes of the What works? Student retention and success change programme – Phase 2.

The final conference will feature reports from the 13 institutions involved in the programme. We are also very keen to:
    - hear from institutions outside of the programme who are implementing changes in their institution inspired by the Final Report  to What works? Phase 1;
    - learn from others in the sector who are designing and implementing new strategies for student retention and success.

Ticket pricing starts from £220. We are especially interested in hearing from students and are offering a number of free entry places for student applicants, presenting alone or co-presenting. If you are interested in applying, please download the submission form and return by Midnight, 20 January 2017. Successful applicants will be informed by 31 January.

Call for papers
We are inviting submissions around the following six themes:
    - institutional interventions with clear linkages to the findings in What Works? Phase 1
    - how research evidence is collected and used within institutions to improve retention and success
    - how staff and students are engaged in the process of institutional change in relation to engagement, belonging, retention and success
    - how approaches to improving engagement, belonging, retention and success can be monitored, evaluated and sustained
    - the role of leadership at all levels within an institution and beyond to improve and sustain student success
    - a whole institutional approach to improving student success.

Jenny Tooze

Senior Administrator - Academic Practice

E [log in to unmask]
T +44 (0)1904 717500               ext. 203

www.heacademy.ac.uk
Twitter: @HEAcademy

Innovation Way, York Science Park
Heslington, York YO10 5BR

tst-email-2015

hea-email-logo

One of The Sunday Times 100 Best
Not-For-Profit Organisations
To Work For 2015

This e-mail along with any attachment(s) is strictly confidential and may contain privileged information. It is intended solely for the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not disclose, store, copy, take any action or omit to take any action in reliance of its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail immediately. Views expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security and take any necessary measures when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachment(s) are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should ensure that they are actually virus free as the Higher Education Academy will not be liable for any losses as a result of any viruses being passed on by this e-mail and/or any attachment(s). The Higher Education Academy. Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 04931031. Registered as a charity in England and Wales no. 1101607. Registered as a charity in Scotland no. SC043946.