Dear all
See attached Call for a Special Issue of Higher Education Pedagogies Journal on Learning Gain. Thank you all so much for sending in your expressions of interest. There is still time to submit a proposal – see guidelines below. If you have sent in a proposal but  have not had confirmation yet – email me direct at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. We will be reviewing these in the New Year and will get back to you with a decision as soon as possible.
Have a good Christmas and New Year
Carol

Professor Carol Evans

Researching Assessment Practices at Southampton ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

Vice President UK of the International Federation of National Teaching Fellows (IFNTF) http://www.ifntf.org/

Principal Fellow (PFHEA) and National Teaching Fellow HEA

Editor in Chief of Higher Education Pedagogies journal www.tandfonline.com/rhep<https://www.outlook.soton.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=vSbKzj4B19VvDjtZHyK-33mMEl4dcoR6ESp1t42uyIx41ljiCNvSCGgAdAB0AHAAOgAvAC8AdwB3AHcALgB0AGEAbgBkAGYAbwBuAGwAaQBuAGUALgBjAG8AbQAvAHIAaABlAHAA&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.tandfonline.com%2frhep>

Higher Education Pedagogies Journal
Special Edition on Learning Gain

*Call for Expressions of Interest*

Research into measures of learning gain for higher education is gathering pace internationally, and in the UK in particular is being driven by the plans to include such measures in the new Teaching Excellence Framework. For this special edition of HEP, we are inviting submissions that critically explore any aspect of learning gain measurement.

For this special edition of the journal, we are inviting expressions of interest in submitting an article in one of these forms:

•           Opinion Piece - short and thought provoking, stating a position and drawing on facts and evidence to support it (750 words);
•           Conference Reflection Piece – a short and thought provoking piece responding to issues raised at a conference, at keynotes, or individual presentations (1500 words). We anticipate contributions based on the HEFCE National Conference on Learning Gain (10 November 2016) and the Inside Government event ‘The Future of Learning Gain in the Higher Education Landscape’ (13th December 2016);
•           Case Study research - based on current practice in measuring aspects of learning gain, typically describing: the organisational and historical context, discussion of theoretical underpinnings of, and the strategic rationale for, the approach described, implementation issues, evaluation and limitations (4000 words);
•           Research articles - longer papers, providing a clear rationale for the study within the body of published research as well as policy imperatives, an overview of the research methodology adopted, a presentation of findings (or interim findings for longer term studies still in progress), and a discussion of those findings in relation to existing knowledge (8000 words).

Expressions of interest for all the formats described above should not exceed 250 words and should give a working title, state the type of article proposed, and outline the proposed content.
Please submit your expression of interest to the editor, Professor Carol Evans [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, by 30 December 2016

We will respond to expressions by the end of January 2017, and for those proposals accepted, we will invite fuller proposals to be submitted by 28th April 2017. The deadline for the submission of final copy will be 28th July 2017 for publication in September 2017.

Professor Carol Evans (Editor in Chief)
Dr Camille Kandiko Howson, Corony Edwards (Guest Editors)

For information on Higher Education Pedagogies, see www.tandfonline.com/toc/rhep20/current<http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rhep20/current>

Professor Carol Evans

Professor in Higher Education

Researching Assessment Practices at Southampton ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

Vice President UK of the International Federation of National Teaching Fellows (IFNTF) http://www.ifntf.org/

Principal Fellow (PFHEA) and National Teaching Fellow HEA

Editor in Chief of Higher Education Pedagogies journal www.tandfonline.com/rhep<https://www.outlook.soton.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=vSbKzj4B19VvDjtZHyK-33mMEl4dcoR6ESp1t42uyIx41ljiCNvSCGgAdAB0AHAAOgAvAC8AdwB3AHcALgB0AGEAbgBkAGYAbwBuAGwAaQBuAGUALgBjAG8AbQAvAHIAaABlAHAA&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.tandfonline.com%2frhep>

University of Southampton

Southampton Education School, Building 32

Highfield Campus

Southampton

S017 1BJ