Hi,

Brief update – thanks to everyone who has replied.  So far, at least 4-5 unis have already incorporated some kind of sharing language into forms, with others providing strong guidance or exploring options for doing so. I will summarise and share the forms where I have permission to do so.

Libby

From: Bishop, Libby
Sent: 14 December 2016 16:45
To: 'Research Data Management discussion list'
Subject: Guidance on data sharing in ethical review forms?

Hello,

I sit on the University Research Ethics Committee here at Essex.  With increasing frequency the issue of post-project data sharing is coming up as part of ethical review. Our committee is going to revisit the “Application for Ethical Approval of Research Involving Human Participants” to determine where and how data sharing should be integrated.  The form already asks about data access, storage and security.

Does anyone know of ethical application forms where data sharing has been incorporated?  I am specifically looking for where there are questions about data sharing in the application form itself, not just part of background or guidance documents. Many thanks.

I will be happy to share any results, including our revised form, but that will be some months off.

Libby Bishop

___________________________________

Libby Bishop

Manager, Producer Relations – Research Ethics

___________________________________

T +44(0) 1206 872664

E [log in to unmask]

W ukdataservice.ac.uk

___________________________________

UK Data Service

UK Data Archive

University of Essex

Wivenhoe Park, Colchester

CO43SQ

New publication:

Bishop, L. (2016) ‘Secondary analysis of qualitative data’, in D. Silverman (ed.) Qualitative Research 4th Ed.,  London: Sage.

https://uk.sagepub.com/en-gb/eur/qualitative-research/book245489

Legal Disclaimer: Any views expressed by the sender of this message

are not necessarily those of the UK Data Service or the UK Data Archive.

This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for

the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed.