Good advice, Andrew, I think. Here's swinging version 2. Hope the spacings
stay the same as on my page.

Bill

Monkey Bars 2

Queue up at recess and lunch
Get ready for
                       swinging action
Many options available

Fourers for the fearless
swing-dangling from
                                   one clinging hand
skipping two intervening bars
investing fully in reaching that fourth bar with your other outstretched
hand
even at risk of your head
                                  bobbing up to hit an intervener

Momentum the trick
so from the top rung
of the blue-grey metal ladder
                                                  lean out
                                                                to the
third bar
                                                  grip
                                                        then let her rip
                                  hips and legs adding propulsion

And don't stop there
maintain momentum
until swing-off
                        at other end

Thing is you had to be of a size
to pull off fourers
grade five or six
Three-ers were all most could stretch to
in grade four
Two-ers were piddlers
but exciting in their way
ground being
                       so far below
when you are that small

Monkey bar magic
That rush               of created wind
playground chatter sounds           changing
as you  w h i z z  by
no longer
                earthbound

bw