Dear learned ones:

Does anyone know anything about the reception of the Cult of Sainte Anne into the Calendar in the West? As far as I can tell, she joins the list of saints celebrated in the Paris on July 26 in the second half of the thirteenth century.  I would like more information to contextualize this development. Is there a literature on Sainte Anne that someone can point me to?  Both liturgical and more broadly?

I will be shortly asking the same sort of question about Saint Basil (June 14).

cecilia