Thanks Jane!
Some of the students have a vocabulary based on Twitter etc. Trouble with 19th c. literature, let alone medieval! I have not yet found any good sermons, let me know if you have any!  Virtues, vices, 7 deadly sins, necessity of penance / confession, or anything else interesting! Magic and witchcraft are also going to be treated in the course, so sermons against superstition and the like would also be useful.

Meg

From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jane Stemp Wickenden
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2016 12:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [M-R] FEAST - miracle plays (and other stuff) in modern english

Margaret,

Jon Cannon is your man for a good short recent treatment of medieval church architecture.

I think Tony Harrison's The Mysteries used Wakefield but cannot quite recall. That said, how stymied are the students really going to be by the original? I've always found it comprehensible.

Let me know if you can't find the sermon material in English.

Jane