St Eligius and the horse are also the subject of a relief, now in the
North porch, from the parish church of St Peter & St Paul in my home
town of Wincanton. The church may previously have been dedicated to him:
http://dawsonheritage.co.uk/somerset_churches/photo.asp?ChoosePhoto=567WincantonSSPeterandPaul_carving.jpg

He also makes an appearance in Chaucer's General Prologue:

Ther was also a Nonne, a PRIORESSE,
That of hir smiling was ful symple and coy;
Hir grettest ooth was but by Seinte Loy ...

Jane Wickenden