Dear all,

I am emailing to notify the group of the update to the Our Warwickshire community website, developed as part of the HLF funded Our Warwickshire project.

Originally launched in March 2014, the site has grown and added new features including historic maps, for example:
http://www.ourwarwickshire.org.uk/content/location/bidford-on-avon
http://www.ourwarwickshire.org.uk/master-map

We underwent a period of consultation with an Access Panel in relation to the Accessibility Pages of the website. The Panel is a consultation group with representatives from charities, groups and individuals from Warwickshire.

The website is user led so we have developed ‘how tos’ to Chrome Extensions with referral to AbilityNet webpages to guide the users to tools to enhance the experience if required.  This knowledge also supports people who have been recently diagnosed who may not be aware of tools available.

Our knowledge was enhanced in our lead partnership work as part of the Disability Co-operative Network, whose working relationship with AXSChat a global accessibility consortium encourages inclusion in digital design.

This consultation has been spearheaded by Becki Morris, Collections Assistant and a Steering Committee Member for the Museum Disability Cooperative Network (www.musedcn.org.uk) which I would encourage you all to have a look at.

The website has been built by Community Sites who have been great. As part of the HLF project the website is in part, and ressponisility will increase, by Volunteer Wed Editors.

The website is also being used as a host for some information screens within the redeveloped Market Hall Museum, relaunching in February 2017. Digital labels will be used throughout the museum to enable access to information across a wider neurodiversity and impairment spectrum. Developed through consultation with the aforementioned Access Panel.

Please do go on and have a look at the content, features and overall functionality. Any feedback is warmly received.

Kind regards,

Benjamin

--
Benjamin Parker
Development Assistant (Marketing and Fundraising)

Heritage & Culture Warwickshire
Community
​Services​
Communities Group
Warwickshire County Council

Telephone: 01926 736424

Email: [log in to unmask]gov.uk

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain confidential, sensitive or personal information and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us, including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation. **************************************************************** website: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/museumscomputergroup [un]subscribe: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/email-list/ ****************************************************************