SirsiDynix has produced what I think is a good video (short, 2 minute animation)  advocating public libraries. The focus  is ‘community’. It can be accessed and downloaded from their web site

http://go.sirsidynix.com/Connections-Video_Connections-Video-LP-new.html and is available on YouTube. A UK specific (UK spelling) version is available for download

I have no connection with SirsiDynix but I’d be interested to know if (and how) anybody is using this (or other videos for that matter) for promoting public libraries. Is the fact is has been done by a vendor a barrier? What do people think? Maybe this is the sort of tool the Task Force might use in their work to promote public libraries at a national level? Might it be something to add to the Library campaign’s useful web page on resources http://www.librarycampaign.com/resources/ . There are some other videos available there...

Ken

Ken Chad Consulting Ltd Tel: +44(0)7788727845  http://www.kenchadconsulting.com Twitter: @kenchad Skype: kenchadconsulting