> Dear colleagues
>
> I would like to express my sincere appreciation to all of you who
> attended and contributed to a vibrant meeting and also to those who
> sent their reports .
>
> Many thanks to MariaLuisa for all your work and efficiency in
> organising the meeting, lunch and visit and for sending a thank you
> letter to the Ashmoleon Museums. Many thanks also to Alasdair for
> hosting us at the Weston Library. It is always a pleasure to be in
> this building.
>
> In advance of the minutes (to be published on the website), I would
> like to share with you a brief summary of the key points we discussed
> and to incite "thoughtful feedback" through this list prior to our
> next meeting and also add a point on the Pearson Memorial Lecture, for
> the discussion of which, we run out of time.
>
> Starting with the latter, the next MELCOM UK meeting is being fused
> with the MELCOM International <http://www.melcominternational.org/>
> conference held in Cambridge 3-5/6 July 2017.
>
> As the first meeting of  MELCOM took place in Cambridge in 1967
> (before MELCOM International branched out  in 1979), the two boards
> agreed that commemorating 50 years of MELCOM is worth sharing with the
> MELCOM community at large.
>
> Thus the *Pearson Memorial Lecture* will be integrated in the programme.

     I would like to invite Prof. Emily Savage-Smith (given she is
available). Would you please send me your comments and/or alternative
suggestions.

> For the *MELCOM UK website* , we are seeking a solution for a domain,
> which requires further discussions. Please share your ideas for
> solutions with the list or direct them to me.
    We started a discussion on *Acquisitions *from the Middle East and
came to the valuable conclusion that -at least as a trial- we should
meet as a smaller group of interested members before the summer.
*
*We all agreed that we could de-duplicate some work by gaining from each
others experiences and suggestions regarding

     Vendors (ordering processes, etc.)
     visiting Book fares
     record supply
     etc.
  for example Daniel (BL) will be attending several book fairs in 2017,
and could make an interesting contribution.

As this mailing list is too large, I would like to limit these
discussions to an interested sub-group and invite you to come forward by
expressing your interest of being included.

Apologies for this long Email...I'll stop here.

Have a great holiday ... and flag this Email as work to attend to first
thing in the new year ;-)

With all best wishes

Yasmin