Dear colleagues,

Please consider submitting an abstract for the following panel, which will take place at The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH, on April 20-22, 2017:

A Distant Future: New Reflections on Italian Futurism

Organizers: Daria Bozzato (SUNY-New Paltz ), Nicole Gounalis (Stanford University)
Session's Chair: Luca Somigli (University of Toronto)

This session seeks new and emerging interpretations of all aspects of Italian Futurism, from considerations of avant-garde experimentation in various media to the role of individual writers and artists, both major and minor, in shaping the movement. We are interested in a broad range of interdisciplinary approaches, including but not limited to: reflections on Futurism after its centennial year in 2009, connections between Italian Futurism and other literary-artistic movements and groups both inside and outside of Italy, Futurism and politics, the historiography of Futurism, and ways of thinking the multiplicity of Futurist production beyond marinettismo. We welcome papers that take up these or any other new directions in Futurist scholarship.

Please send a 250-word abstract and a short bio to bozzatod @newpaltz.edu and/or [log in to unmask] by December 15, 2016.

Sincerely,
Daria Bozzato

Daria Bozzato, PhD
Lecturer and Coordinator of Italian Studies
Department of Languages, Literatures & Cultures
Old Main Building 209C
SUNY New Paltz