Dear all,

I have been contacted by Electric Voice Theatre, a theatre/media
company interested in applying for RAS200 funding for "Minerva Scientifica",
a project to bring the contribution of female astronomers and
geophysicists to life for non-scientific audiences through music.
They approached me as representative of solid-Earth (etc) geophysicists
and I promised I would pass on their call for women geophysicists to
work with female music composers (another profession in which
women are under-represented) on the themes of women in geophysics.

At this stage they are working towards the 9th December deadline
of the RAS200 grant round, for which they have to provide a rough outline
of their project.  RAS200 (http://www.ras.org.uk/200) was set up by the
Royal Astronomical Society to fund outreach projects working with
communities
that the RAS would not normally engage - so in this case the
aim is to make approachable music that can be performed by
amateur music groups.

If you are interested please do contact Frances Lynch directly at
[log in to unmask], preferably before 9th December.

Regards,
Sheila Peacock,
list co-owner, BGA Committee.

(Disclaimer - as a member of RAS Council, but not of the RAS200 committee,
I am passing on this call for interest without prejudice, i.e. I have no
personal interest in this project and am forwarding it in my role as
list co-owner - Sheila Peacock.)

 From Frances Lynch, Electric Voice Theatre:

Dear geophysicist

  We are hoping very much that you will be interested in working with us
  on a project to combine singing and science over the next few years.

  There follows  a short paragraph about our  proposal for RAS200
  funding (https://www.ras.org.uk/200) with our Minerva Scientifica
  <http://www.electricvoicetheatre.co.uk/projects/minerva-scientifica>
  project which has been running at both King’s College London
  <http://www.electricvoicetheatre.co.uk/projects/minerva-scientifica/the-franklin-effect-cultural-institute-at-kings/>
  and Newcastle University
  <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQsZpH0x-iE&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop>
  over the last 2 years.

  Minerva Scientifica
  <http://www.electricvoicetheatre.co.uk/projects/minerva-scientifica/>
  is an evolving music-theatre project reflecting the lives and work
  ofBritish Women Scientists told through the music ofBritish Women
  Composers. Our patron is Judith Weir – Master of the Queen’s Music,
  and we are working in partnership with the British Science Association.

//*/RAS 200: Outline proposal for projects to commence in 2017/**//*

*/Minerva Scientifica – Sky & Earth Songs/*/will incubate partnerships
between female RAS fellows (or other scientists) and female classical
composers in different geographic areas of the UK. These partnerships
will create musical works for voices celebrating their own science and
that of important female scientists associated with their local area.
They will collaborate at different levels with local schools, music
hubs, choirs, and the professional vocalists from electric voice
theatre. The resulting work will receive local and national
performances, and will become an online teaching resource on astronomy,
space science and geophysics (and music!) featuring the work of women
scientists past and present./

  If you are interested to find out more please contact me as soon as
  possible as our initial proposal goes in on Friday 9^th December. We
  don’t have to have developed plans for this – only ideas and
  expressions of interest

  I look forward to hearing from you

  Best wishes

  Frances M Lynch

*Minerva Scientifica - /Superwomen of Science/
<http://www.electricvoicetheatre.co.uk/superwomen-of-science-2/>***

*Winner of a /Three Weeks/ Editors Award - Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2016

*

*REVIEWS*
***Three Weeks:*http://bit.ly/2bDrlqf /“This is an important work, but
it’s also fun”/

*The List:* http://bit.ly/2bwWokx /“A powerful collaboration between
science, music and theatre”/

*Sick of The Fringe: *ow.ly/HcQf303aMeo <http://ow.ly/HcQf303aMeo>

*The Cusp Listing:*/(One to watch)/ http://bit.ly/2a4UBRI

*MEDIA*

*British Science Week 2016 Show Reel
*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puu9Xl8_7jU

*Late Junction Edinburgh Festival Concert Aug 17th
2016:*http://bbc.in/2b1FHPC

*Frances M Lynch*

*Artistic Director*

*_www.electricvoicetheatre.co.uk_*

+44 (0)20 7281 0672 / +44 (0)7831 238743

39 Birnam Rd, London N4 3LJ

*Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/evtheatre> Twitter
<https://twitter.com/electricvoice> *