Dear colleagues

We would like to draw your attention to our Geodesy session at EGU 2017 (Vienna, Austria, 23-28 April 2017), and hope that you will consider submitting an abstract.

G3.5 Imaging geohazards with new generation SAR imagery
Conveners: Dr Mahdi Motagh, Dr Roberto Tomás , Professor Zhenhong Li
The availability of high spatial resolution Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data, the advances in SAR/InSAR techniques (e.g. interferometric, polarimetric, and tomographic processing), and the fusion of SAR with optical imagery as well as geophysical modelling hold the premise for ever increasing use of SAR data for geohazard applications. In particular, the exploitation of SAR data from multiple new generation sensors that provide near real-time measurements of deformation and changes in land cover/use will improve significantly our capabilities to understand natural and anthropogenic hazards and then mitigate their impacts. All scientists exploiting radar data from spaceborne, airborne and/or ground-based SAR sensors are cordially invited to contribute to this session. The main objective of the session is to present and discuss the progress and state-of-the-art in scientific exploitation and interpretation methods of results obtained from new generation SAR imagery for geological and hydrological hazards related to earthquakes, volcanoes, fluid extraction and/or injection, permafrost, landslide and erosion processes.

Abstracts can be submitted through the following link:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2017/session/24619

The abstract submission deadline is Wednesday, 11 January 2017.

We look forward to meeting you in Vienna.

Wish you a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2017!

Zhenhong on behalf of
Dr Mahdi Motagh, Dr Roberto Tomás , Professor Zhenhong Li

Prof Zhenhong Li, FIAG, FRAS, FRSPSoc, SMIEEE, FHEA
Professor of Imaging Geodesy
School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Newcastle University
Room G11, Cassie Building
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU
United Kingdom