This is a reminder and a final invitation to participate in the sessions
on Appalachian Tectonics at the joint meeting of the Northeastern and
North Central Sections of GSA March 19-21, 2017 in Pittsburgh, PA.A full
day of sessions is planned, with an emphasis on the northern
Appalachians.Info on these two sessions is available on the GSA website
for the NE/NC meeting as sessions # 48 and #49
(http://geosociety.org/Sections/ne/2017mtg/techprog.htm).

One session will feature structural geology and tectonics, while the
other features petrology, geochemistry and geochronology with obvious
overlap between the two. We encourage you to participate and welcome
oral and poster presentations. If you have students planning on
presenting a poster at the meeting with topics in the Appalachians,
please consider having them submit to one of these sessions.

The abstract deadline is January 3, 2017.We are looking forward to your
joining us for an exciting day of Appalachian tectonics.

Chris [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Yvette [log in to unmask]

Wes [log in to unmask]

Craig [log in to unmask]

Sandra [log in to unmask]