I should add that we have looked at our costs per week, per month and per head and worked out how much various aspects of our programme delivery are. We have worked on longer text for our donations boxes and wording at point of entry which explains who we are, what we do and where our money comes from so we do have some rich information to hand which will show visitors exactly what they are supporting.

We’d like to put a 3 month experiment into place, changing wording from ‘Free entry’ as it is suggested that ‘Free’ leads to smaller spend in the shop, and wallets kept firmly in bags or pockets – and sometimes not even brought along at all.

We think a “prepare to donate” approach might work better than pouncing on people as they come through the door and we’d like to see whether it changes what people give!

Laura Hilton

Visitor Services Manager

Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust

Bridge Road, Leigh Woods, Bristol BS8 3PA

0117 974 4664

www.cliftonbridge.org.uk

Facebook: www.facebook.com/brunelsbridge

Twitter: www.twitter.com/brunelsbridge

Logo

Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust: This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.