De: Murungi, John [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 30 de novembro de 2016 11:30
Para: Denilson Lopes <[log in to unmask]>
Assunto: Re: Release of Machado by Silviano Santiago

Dear Professor Lopes,

Please  help me advertise the call for a conference I am organizing this coming year. It would be nice to have Brazilians and Brazilianists participation.

.Thanks.

Murungi

TENTH GEO-AESTHETICS CONFERENCE

SENSORIAL TRAJECTORIES

Towson University

March 17-18, 2017

Call for Abstracts

Sensorial trajectories are narratives or possibilities of narratives. They constitute and project traversable spaces or places where human creativity takes place. Discerning them is a part of the work of the artist and for anyone else who responds to the call of the sensuous. To respond to such a call is to explicitly or implicitly invite others to share one’s response. This kind of response invites others to inhabit the space or the place that is opened up –the space or place that, in a sense, one already inhabits.

Although each of our senses has its own trajectory, each intersects with others. All trajectories are trajectories of the body because every sense is the sense of the body. It is from the body that every sense launches its trajectory or its narrative.

The Interconnection of the senses and the intersection of their trajectories are more than human contrivances. When they take place, they do so freely. When this happens, we are able to inhabit and move in each other’s space or place. It is this enabling act that informs the work of the artist. In this sense, the artist becomes an enabler who enables as s/he is enabled, exhausting herself or himself in this expressive process. We who are drawn to the artist’s work become enablers in this same sense and, thus, we share in the enabling, exhausting ourselves in doing so. We become co-enablers in enabling.

               A work of art produces a traversable space or a traversable place. It is as such only when it invites us to respond and we actually respond to it as such. We are affected by and appropriated by the ability to traverse these sensorial trajectories. When we respond to the work of art, we are moved by it, becoming, in this sense, movement itself. If this does not happen, we are not in the presence of a work of art.

The traversable spaces or places that we become are not empty spaces or empty places. They are lived spaces or lived places. Whether we are or are not artists we are sensuously self-traversing. We are together in the sensuousness of each of our trajectories or narratives.

We invite and welcome you to the conference to share your sensorial trajectory or narrative. Take us on an aesthetics safari. This is an interdisciplinary and intercultural conference and has a place for academics as well as non-academics.

Deadline: Please send abstracts 200-300 words by January 31, 2017 to [log in to unmask]