Dear All!

We will be running our monthly Twitter Discussion, #DLNETChat
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DLNETChat&src=typd> tomorrow, *Friday 2
December from 12.00pm until 1.00pm*.

This month we will be discussing* social networks as a tool for cultural
learning*, so whether you have a question or concern, or a case-study or a
project you want to highlight please join us from 12.00pm today.

As with previous months, we are running a very quick, very unscientific,
and slightly loaded poll to get things started, have a look here:
*https://twitter.com/DLNET/status/804355041549291525
<https://twitter.com/DLNET/status/804355041549291525>*

Discussions might include:

   - Schools can't access Facebook anyway, so what's the point in even
   discussing this?
   - How can we access our organisational social network accounts, when our
   marketing team won't let us?
   - How can we set up an organisational social network account when our
   governing body (e.g. local authority) won't let us?
   - What kinds of learning can take place through social networks?
   - Can we measure the impact of this type of learning, and does it count?
   - Are there any social networks that work better as a medium for
   learning?
   - Should museums even bother trying to keep up with this sort of thing?

We would love to hear from as many people as possible, but are keen to hear
from smaller museums and organisations who have had experience in this
field! And, as a disclaimer, we can't promise to know all the answers to
all (or any) questions or problems, but we hope to harness the collective
power of Twitter to find some way through.

Remember to use the hashtag #DLNETChat
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DLNETChat&src=typd> and to keep an eye on
the @DLNET <https://twitter.com/DLNET> Twitter account for more details...

Thanks,

Stuart

--

*Stuart D. Berry*
*Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre Manager (www.sunderlandtrust.com

07984 310395

www.twitter.com/stuartdberry
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/stuartdberry

---

This e-mail and any files attached are confidential for the use of the
intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
the sender as soon as possible and delete the communication from your
system without copying, disseminating or distributing the same in any way
by any means.

DLNET list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]

For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DLNET