From: British Black Studies [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Luke de Noronha [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 01 December 2016 11:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Mass deportation to Jamaica

Hello all,

Apologies for the shameless plug (and cross-posting), but I know there was some interest in the deportation charter flight to Jamaica in September. Here’s my long read in which I speak to people from the flight, in Jamaica. May be of interest. Please share if it is, and if you’re incensed do follow links to ‘Roots to Return’, and engage with the two weeks of action in January.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/mass-deportation-to-jamaica

Best

Luke de Noronha
@Twitter<https://twitter.com/LukeEdeNoronha>
Doctoral Candidate in Anthropology (COMPAS<http://www.compas.ox.ac.uk/people/students/luke-de-noronha/>)
University of Oxford

IMI/ COMPAS Working Paper Unpacking the figure of the ‘foreign criminal’: Race, gender and the victim-villain binary<https://www.compas.ox.ac.uk/fileadmin/files/Publications/working_papers/WP_2015/WP-2015-121-deNoronha_Unpacking_Foreign_Criminal.pdf>
Border Criminologies<http://bordercriminologies.law.ox.ac.uk/tag/luke-de-noronha/> || OpenDemocracy<https://www.opendemocracy.net/author/luke-de-noronha> || Ceasefire Magazine<https://ceasefiremagazine.co.uk/author/luke-de-noronha/>