Dear colleagues,

I would like to invite you to our alternative conference series we are putting together, called ‘Building Bridges’ . Please find below our Call for Papers and information about us.

We look forward to receiving your abstracts and welcoming you in Crete.

Warmly,
Stavroula & The Building Bridges Community

Stavroula Tsirogianni (PhD)
Lecturer in Psychology
School of Psychology, Politics and Sociology
Canterbury Christ Church University,
LG15, Laud,
North Holmes Road
CT1 1QU, Canterbury.

Tel: 01227 767700 ext 1819

 Follow the Psychology Programme on Twitter (@CCCUPsych)
The CCCU Psychology Programme Blog: http://cccupsychology.com

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/27aac8a65e64c994c4416d6b8/images/image_pointer_left_white.png]
Building Bridges in a Complex World Interdisciplinary Conference
6-8 July, Chania, Crete, Greece

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/17ecf106d5b6840e9817cd442/images/22785cd9-e852-45d1-9831-2d63c6cf1fd4.png]

A RADICALLY DIFFERENT KIND OF CONFERENCE

We are a network of academics and practitioners motivated by our work experiences inside and outside of Europe. With this being the first conference, we are hoping to turn this into an annual gathering to build bridges on three different levels: between theorists and practitioners, between people from different disciplines and between people from different parts of the world.

Our conference is about creating new bonds in an intellectually challenging but convivial environment irrespective of status and titles.

CALL FOR PAPERS

At the beginning of the 21st century, the world is facing challenges that are interconnected, including wars, terrorism, (forced) migrations, global inequalities and asymmetries, climate change etc.

The fundamental constraints to an equitable standard of living for everyone are neither a shortage of resources nor a lack of technological innovations. The main impediments are a lack of political will to reform a global institutional order that produces foreseeable yet avoidable power asymmetries. Whereas on our side, it is potentially experiences of disempowerment and/or the lack of solidarity, which influence our abilities to imagine a just world and to dare enough to play the role of change-makers.

This is an interdisciplinary, inquiry-driven gathering with the main focus on bringing people together to share ideas in a convivial environment. We hope to explore what kind of alternative questions, concepts, methods and practices are necessary to address these complex challenges of our time.

It is in this spirit that we invite contributions from practitioners and researchers to share your insights, practices and experiences relating to programmes, policies and studies that address issues of social (in)justice and (in)equality locally and internationally. Possible topics could address one of the following thematic areas:

Violence, Conflict & Resistance

  *   Terrorism & Prevention
  *   Wars & Conflict
  *   Police Violence
  *   Gangs & Other Forms of Extreme Violence
  *   Youth Crime
  *   Gender Based Violence
  *   Hate Crimes Against LGBT Community Members
  *   Racism & Discrimination
  *   (Forced) Migration
  *   Trauma & Resilience
  *   Reconciliation
  *   Social Movements
  *   Collective Action
  *   Political Imagination

Global Justice, Well-being & Sustainability

  *   Environment, Sustainability & Development
  *   Urbanisation
  *   Capitalism & Global Politics
  *   Poverty & Social Inequalities
  *   Work & Working Conditions