	Call For Panelists, Dimensions of Political Ecology Conference 2017
	February 23-26, 2017 – University of Kentucky; Lexington, KY
Submission deadline- December 13th, 2016.
	Open Dialogue and Working Discussion on Queer Political Ecologies
	Queerness it not yet here. Queerness is an ideality… We may never touch
queerness, but we can feel it as the warm illumination of a horizon imbued
with potentiality (Muñoz, 2009: 1).
	If queerness is a horizon, as the late Jose Munoz suggested, then what is
the next step for political ecology? We are seeking co-travelers to explore
the question – What are Queer Political Ecologies?
	This CFP – call for panelists – is meant to encourage dialogue around
these issues and to build a community of like-minded folks through which to
share our ideas, and discuss how we broadly define queer political ecology
throughout our work. At the doorstep of the Anthropocene (Capitalocene,
Chthulucene, etc.-cene), in an era of climate catastrophe and confusion,
and in a time and place where being ‘other’ is simultaneously – and
increasingly – necessary and precarious, what does queer theory/studies
or the voices of queer folks offer in the way of alternative thought,
theory, strategy and space?
	As we think through queer political ecologies in our work, we are hoping
to use DOPE as an opportunity to share and think together. The format of
this session will be an open working dialogue, providing a space in which
discussion and questions connect panelists to attendees, allowing for group
note taking, and collective production of thought and critical analysis in
a popular education co-learner style. We are seeking 200-300 word
statements that outline how you are working with/thinking through queerness
and political ecology in your research. Submissions should also include one
or two leading questions that guide your work as well as four or five
references that inspire you. The idea is to compile a list of questions and
references to make a one-sheet resource handout for those who attend the
session as panelists and participants. We will distribute the handout to
panelists in advance of the conference, and use the collection of questions
and references as a conceptual springboard to begin collectively building
our understanding of queer political ecologies.
	We are interested in any and all thought at the intersections of
queer-ness and political ecology. We are seeking a diverse cast of folks
and ideas. Below you will find some keywords/questions/concepts, but these
are only meant to spark not limit possible submissions:
	-          The Queer Commons

	-          Hope and Queer Horizons

	-          Was the Queer Ever Human? (Luciano and Chen, 2015)

	-          Queer Time & Space

	-          No Future / Queer Future

	-          Speculative Ecologies

	-          Queering Climate Change

	-          TRANS-cendentalism

	-          Queer Cartographies

	-          What if Malthus was queer?

	-          Queer Spirituality

	-          QTPOC Ecologies

	-          Queer Epistemologies and Ontologies

	-          Queer Activism

	-          Quantifying/Qualifying the Queer

	-          The Queero-cene

	-          Queering Marx/Political Economy

	-          Critical Theory and Queer Discourse

	-          Gentrification and Queer Urban Frontiers

	-          Space of Queer In/visibility
	If you are interested in participating, please contact Dylan Harris
([log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])) or Rachael Baker
([log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])) by December 13th, 2016 with an
abstract. Participants will be notified by December 14th, 2016 and will
then need to register and submit their abstracts to DOPE 2017 by December
1, 2016.