For info. Lovely to hear that the Social Workers are doing a ‘Walk the Talk’ in 2017.

Ste

From: Guy Shennan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 21 December 2016 13:26
To: Weatherhead, Stephen
Subject: Walking for social justice

Dear Stephen

I read about the walk you did last year in an article about Psychologists Against Austerity in the current issue of Critical and Radical Social Work. I found this inspiring - so inspiring in fact that, with the support of the British Association of Social Workers (which I chair) and others, I am organising something similar by social workers in 2017. This will be from our head office in Birmingham to Liverpool where BASW is having its 2017 AGM.

We'll be doing it in 7 days, so not quite as demanding as your walk as I think you did a similar distance in 5 days.

I will make sure we fully acknowledge Walk The Talk as one of our sources of inspiration - which I am already doing - so thanks already. I wondered if you could help further, by sharing any top tips or vital pieces of information that someone organising such a walk should know about!

Do feel free to ring as well as email, if you can help/advise in any way. Our walk will be from 19th-25th April, and we'll be launching it, with a press release and so on, on 19th January, but I am trying to get the planning going in earnest from now.

I'm off on the forthcoming bank holidays and then on holiday from 4th-10th January, but am around at other times.

Best wishes
Guy

Guy Shennan
BASW Chair
07795 176356

[cid:d6e8c22a.afcc8f49.jpg.e0b0aa95]

Visit our website at basw.co.uk<http://www.basw.co.uk>

16 Kent Street, Birmingham, B5 6RD. Tel 0121 622 3911

The British Association of Social Workers is a company limited by guarantee.  Registered in England No. 982041.