Dear colleagues,

Please see below an ad for an NIH-funded postdoc position in my laboratory.

Thank you,
Alexandra

*POSTDOCTORAL POSITION*
*at Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA*

The Deaconescu Lab at Brown University is seeking a motivated and
energetic postdoctoral research to join our work on a NIH-funded project.

Our work focuses on stress responses such as to DNA damage and
starvation, and particularly on the interplay between transcription, DNA
repair and chromatin remodeling. Our work so far has  elucidated the
function and mechanochemistry of DNA-based motors and also of
cytoskeletal regulators using a combination of biochemical, biophysical
and structural techniques. (e.g. X-ray crystallography, small-angle
X-ray scattering, transmission electron microscopy). For recent examples
of work, please see Deaconescu and Suhanovsky, Photochem and
Photobiology (2016), Kutter et al. JMB (2016), Szyk et al., Cell (2014),
Deaconescu et al., PNAS (2012), Szyk et al., NSMB (2012) and Deaconescu
et al., TIBS (2013).

Brown University has a Structural Biology Core Facility managed by a
PhD-level scientist and features, among others, an X-ray generator
equipped with an ACTOR mounting robot as well as 500 and 850 MHz NMR
magnets.

A successful candidate should have the following qualifications: a Ph.D.
in the field of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related
field; an established track-record of publications in peer-reviewed
journals; solid experience in the biochemistry of complex DNA-binding
proteins, their purification from E.coli/yeast expression systems as
well as their characterization using functional studies such as by
isothermal titration calorimetry, transcription assays, circular
dichroism and fluorescence.  Prior knowledge of crystallography would be
a plus, but is not required. Must be highly motivated and work
independently as well as in a team. Excellent spoken and written English
are required. New Ph.D. graduates are encouraged to apply. Salary and
starting date are negotiable.

Interested candidates should send a CV, one page research experience
summary and contact information for three references to
alexandra_deaconescu[at]brown.edu. Salary and starting date are
negotiable. _Please write Postdoctoral Candidate in the e-mail subject
header_.   Brown University, an Ivy League institution, is located less
than one hour away by train from Boston.

Lab webpage:*https://deaconesculab.com*

--
Alexandra M. Deaconescu, B.E., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry

For mail:
70 Ship St. G-E4
Providence, RI 02903

For courier (FEDEX):
70 Ship St.
Chestnut St. Loading Dock
Providence, RI 02903

Phone: 401-863-3215
Lab website: http://deaconesculab.com

Administrative Assistant: Mr. Ray Windsor (phone: 401-863-7446)