Preservation Manager Salary £24,723.00 (rising to £26,320.00 on completion of 3 months’ probation) Contract type: Permanent, 35 hours per week Location: Lambeth Palace Library, London, SE1 7JU Closing date: 20th January, 2016 (midnight) Interview date: Week commencing 30th January, 2017 The combined collections of Lambeth Palace Library and the Church of England Record Centre are soon to be brought together in a new purpose built library and archive at Lambeth Palace. This is an exciting opportunity to take a major role in planning, preparing and implementing the move, and to care for the collections in their new environment (planned for late 2020). The successful post holder will monitor the environmental conditions within the collection stores and reader areas, and work with facilities and external contractors to maintain and control storage environments. With experience of working in conservation, along with excellent communication skills, both oral and written; the successful post holder will have a good understanding of environmental science, and systems and will be able to work in a small team and liaise with other departments and external contractors. For full details and to apply please visit: https://webrecruitment.churchofengland.org/wrl/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=01001178 As holders of the Two Ticks symbol, we are committed to taking action to improve the employment, training and career development of disabled people. We will guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets all the essential criteria. A disability is defined as a 'physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on a person's ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities and must be expected to last for 12 months or more.' We would be grateful if you could complete our equal opportunities form and submit to [log in to unmask] Janet Atkinson Senior Conservator Lambeth Palace Library London SE1 7JU For further information about the Library, please visit our website: http://www.lambethpalacelibrary.org Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]