Dear All,

We are currently reviewing our Extenuating/Mitigating Circumstance process – currently we hold bi-monthly panel meetings with a number of academic representatives from each of our schools and a member of the Exams team to act as secretary.

The issue we’re facing is that the Academics are not fully conversant with the regulations and are agreeing some cases when they clearly should be rejected, and ultimately looking to the Exams team officer for advice.

My question to you:

·         Are decisions on Extenuating/mitigating circumstances made at a panel, or by individuals?

·         Do you have academics involved in the process?

·         If so, what level of involvement do they have?

·         If not, which department/who makes the final decision on claims?

Any feedback would be warmly received, my ideal is to remove the academics entirely as they only seem to cause headaches. Very interested to hear what set up you have at your institution.

Kind regards

Jordan Crossfield

Senior Examinations and Assessments Officer | Student Registry

Regent’s University London, Regent’s Park, London NW1 4NS

[log in to unmask] | 0207 487 7501

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies, and with authority, states them to be the views of Regent's University London. Regent's University London A Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales No: 1791760 Registered office: Inner Circle, Regent's Park, London, NW1 4NS Registered charity number: 291583