Dear collective.

Until recently, we have used Sarstedt paediatric specimen tubes which have come in opaque containers. They have recently stopped producing these and we can’t locate any suitable replacements.

I would be grateful if users with large neonatal populations would share with me which tubes they use. We have discounted gel tubes because of the poor yield of plasma that we have observed and need opaque tubes because we have a large number of bilirubins collected from babies in community.

Regards and Happy New Year

Ian

To avoid delays in responding please use the address [log in to unmask] for general Down's syndrome screening enquiries. These will be dealt with promptly by a member of the antenatal screening team.

Ian Mills

Pre registrant Clinical Scientist

Clinical Chemistry

Birmingham Women’s Hospital

0121 627 2731

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/