From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Wil P [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 16 December 2016 10:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Colin Duggan?

Hi,

Where can i download/read he past papers that have already been published  ?

Regards,

WP.

On 15 Dec 2016, at 13:30, Ann Wand <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

As I'm rather new to this forum, I thought I would forward information regarding a conference I'm organizing on winter festivals and traditions at Oxford University. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Dr Ann Wand
Post-doctoral associate
Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, ISCA
Oxford University

Call for papers: Conference on Winter Festivals and Traditions at Oxford University, 25 March 2017

The Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology (ISCA) at Oxford University will be hosting a one-day conference on Saturday 25 March 2017. The conference will focus on ‘Winter Festivals and Traditions’ as part of a larger research discussion on ritual, religion and secularism in modern-day Europe. We invite participants with disciplines in anthropology, religious studies, cultural studies, folklore and similar professions. Topics for submission are not restricted to Europe, but can focus on traditions worldwide.

The objective of this conference is to bring together various disciplines and departments to reconsider how folklore can be interpreted in order to understand the reasoning behind modern traditions in society. Our guest speaker, Dr Cesare Poppi, PhD (Cantab) of la Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana (SUPSI), will contribute to an invigorating discussion based on his extensive research on masked rituals and traditions in South Tyrol and Trentino, Italy and Northwestern Ghana.

Paper themes for consideration include, but are not limited to:

-          Mumming/ Masks

-          Neo-paganism, Wicca/ Witchcraft

-          Performance studies

-          Ritual and symbolism

-          Folklore and myth

-          Festivals, nationalism and the State

-          Identity politics

-          Museum studies

-          Religion and Secularism

Applicants should submit abstracts of no more than 250 words followed by a brief description of their background by 7 February 2017. Successful applicants will be notified by 15 February 2017.

Please send your abstracts and any questions you may have to the convenor, Dr Ann Wand at: ann.wand(at)anthro.ox.ac.uk