This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message.
---------------

Dear all,
We had a glass bottle come into the museum for identification, and the gentleman who found it would like more information and ideally a date.
The bottle is 18.5cm high and about 5.5cm diameter at the base.
It reads "TONY for all stock" on the side and has 4 horizontal marks off a vertical line running down the bottle. There is evidence that it had a screw top which has since been lost.
It was found on some farm land near a river in South Devon, near Totnes.
I believe it's some kind of tonic bottle for livestock but can't find out any more information.
I have attached photographs, if anyone can shed some light on it, especially what it would have been used for and a date, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Holly

Holly Trubshawe
Curatorial Assistant

Kingsbridge Cookworthy Museum
108 Fore Street
Kingsbridge
Devon TQ7 1AW
01548 853235
www.kingsbridgemuseum.org.uk

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST