We have an exciting opportunity for you to play a pivotal role in developing and expanding our inspiring programme of activity for young people.

Job title:                         Head of Education
Accountable to:            Director of Science and Education
Accountable for:           Schools and Family Programme Team
Location:                        21 Albemarle Street, Mayfair, London
Contract type:               Permanent, Full time (35 hours per week)
Salary:                            Grade 11 - £52,170 per annum (£55,250 upon passing probation)

The Ri

The Royal Institution (Ri) was established in 1799 with the purpose of 'diffusing science for the common purposes of life'. Over 200 years on, the Ri is a charity dedicated to encouraging people to think more deeply about the wonders and applications of science. We achieve this mission through our award-winning science video channel, our public programmes for adults and education initiatives for young people that operate across the country, the Faraday Museum and history of science activities, scientific research and the world-famous CHRISTMAS LECTURES.

The role

In this new role, the Head of Education will assist the Director of Science and Education with the strategic development of the Ri education programme. They will be responsible for the joined-up delivery of an inspiring programme of activity for young people by ensuring the Ri education team works effectively across projects. This fast-paced and challenging role involves managing a large highly qualified and committed team, to develop and deliver our education programmes. The successful candidate will be joining the Ri at a very exciting time as we develop our strategy and audience focus to enable our expansion.
About you

Working closely with our Director of Science and Education and the other members of the Ri Management Group, you'll be highly motivated and inspired by the aims and vision of the Ri. You will be enthusiastic about promoting and expanding our family and school activities to meet the needs of young people. A proactive, creative and organised approach will be key in order to excel in this role. You'll need excellent interpersonal skills as you'll be managing key stakeholder relationships and working across multiple teams within the organisation.

You will have an excellent track record in engaging young people in STEM subjects, and feel confident to act as a spokesperson on the Ri's behalf with a wide variety of stakeholders, including current and potential financial supporters. You will be a skilled manager, with prior experience of managing budgets, people and other resources. You will have assisted in the strategic development of STEM programmes, and translated that strategy into an effective operational work plan.
Interested?

For further information and how to apply, please visit http://www.rigb.org/about/work-with-us/jobs/head-of-education. All applications must be submitted by midnight 6 December 2016 and interviews will be held on 12 December 2016.

Kind regards

Michelle

Michelle Barkwith
Human Resources Manager

Royal Institution, 21 Albemarle Street, London W1S 4BS
e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
t: 020 7670 2907
www.rigb.org<http://www.rigb.org/>
www.richannel.org<http://www.rigb.org/>

Support the Ri: become a member<http://www.rigb.org/globals/join-support/membership> or donate<https://www.justgiving.com/royalinstitution> today