Chief Secretary Carrie Lam has said that the reason the current administration is destroying more documents than previous governments is because of the accumulation of outdated files. Lam said that the potential historical value of documents are decided upon when their disposal schedules are compiled. “Before destroying outdated documents with no historical value, bureaus and departments must get the approval of the Government Records Service Director,” she said. “The Public Records Office is then required to once again appraise documents with potential value – only those documents without historical value would be approved by the Director for destructio

http://bit.ly/2gMlqkT
http://bit.ly/2gMlqkT+

--
Peterk