The usual ‘sorry’ if you’ve already had this …

I would encourage anyone interested in emotions and PAR to consider this conference, we are keeping the fees as low as possible and these conferences in my experience have offered supportive spaces in which to explore ideas in less standard academic/conference session styles.

Best to all

Kye

From: Discussion list for Feminism in Geography [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Deborah Thien
Sent: 01 November 2016 22:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 6th International & Interdisciplinary Emotional Geographies Conference, June 14-16, 2017, Long Beach, California

Dear Feminist Geographers,

Some of you may be interested in this Summer 2017 conference opportunity in Long Beach, California. I warmly invite you to consider presenting.  Please circulate this call widely, with thanks.

Call for Papers and Organized Sessions, 6th International & Interdisciplinary Emotional Geographies Conference

Long Beach, California, June 14-16, 2017

We encourage sessions, papers, panels and posters that investigate the emotional intersections between people and places including examinations of feelings and affect in various spatial and social contexts, environments and landscapes. Questions of emotion are relevant to several different disciplines – we seek considerations of the multiplicity of spaces and places that produce and are produced by emotional and affective life, representing an inclusive range of theoretical and methodological engagements with emotion as a social, cultural and spatial phenomenon.

Registration and abstract submissions open February 11, 2017.

More information available at

www.csulb.edu/emogeo

Previous conferences:

Edinburgh, UK, 2015: https://emotionalgeographiesconference.wordpress.com

Groningen, The Netherlands, 2013: http://www.rug.nl/research/ursi/events/emospa/

All the best,

Deborah

--

Deborah Thien, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Geography

Interim Director, University Honors Program
California State University, Long Beach

6th International Emotional Geographies Conference, June 14-16, 2017: www.csulb.edu/emogeo

(+1) 562-985-4233 (University Honors Program)

(+1) 562-985-7072 (Geography)

@CSULBUnivHonors