I liked the idea of a brief, Bill, & yes, it doesn’t really lead to watching, but the concept of reading as experience, I like, & agree.

I assume this is just a Boy’s Own poem, even though you admit Lois is the adventurer…

Doug
> On Nov 2, 2016, at 3:53 AM, Bill Wootton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Fair question, P. I suppose I mean that besides watching adventures,
> besides reading adventures, you can also adventure by writing. But I didn't
> develop the point and you're right, the rest of the poem doesn't lead there.

> On Wednesday, 2 November 2016, Patrick McManus <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Bill just one thing I wonder how write fitted in the last line -?cheers P
>>

>> On 02/11/2016 01:37, Bill Wootton wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, Patrick, Sheila.
>>>
>>> I have already redrafted, to iron out a little inconsistency I hope.
>>>
>>> Adventure 2
>>>
>>> Boys are supposed to  be drawn to outdoor adventure
>>> Crashing about, bursting through adult constraints.
>>>
>>> Roughhousing on football fields, rafting rapids
>>> hiking up mountains, tenting in extremis.
>>>
>>> Others settle for a watching brief: TV Tarzan
>>> or vine-swinging Bomba the Jungle Boy.
>>>
>>> Superman boring through screen skies,
>>> Clark Kent ace reporter in the big suit,
>>>
>>> hero in hiding, Lois Lane charmer,
>>> snappy copy editor, cloakroom changer.
>>>
>>> See, it's assumed adventures take place outside
>>> But rollick in your head with Jack Schaeffer on the open
>>>
>>> range, get down where the iguanas play with Cormac.
>>> You'll get more than your fill of adventura,
>>>
>>> the original Latin root, meaning 'to arrive'.
>>> Switch on, open page: read, write, you're there!
>>>
>>> bw
>>> 2.11.16
>>>
>>> On Wednesday, 2 November 2016, Sheila Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Bill, I like this! Comes to life - really!

Douglas Barbour
https://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/

Recent publications: (With Sheila E Murphy) Continuations & Continuations 2 (UofAPress).
Recording Dates (Rubicon Press).

Four or five couplets trying to dance
into Persia. Who dances in Persia now?

A magic carpet, a prayer mat, red.
A knocked off head of somebody on her broken knees.

		Phyllis Webb