Dear all,

I just noticed that the list is 3000 strong. Iım not sure when this
clicked over but it was a moment of fun to see it tonight.

Those of us who were there in Ohio, October, 1998, when the idea for the
list was first raised, can recall that some people were less than
enthusiastic.
Thanks to David Durling as co-founder, we were able to call on the
wonderful email group resources of the UK academic world.
Without this home, we would be at the mercy of the vagaries.

I raise my glass to one and all.

keith