Hello All,

the European Space Agency (ESA) and Politecnico di Milano launch the first Higher Education Course FASHION IN ORBIT. FASHION, TECHNOLOGY, SPACE INSPIRATION
after the success of the project Couture in Orbit by ESA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B99ncZ5eSM0 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B99ncZ5eSM0>

The course will start on January 30th 2017 and will finish on February 17th 2017, for a total of 120 hours. The lessons take place full time from 9 a. m. till 6 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
The venue of the course is POLI.design as well as the Fashion Lab of Politecnico for the project work, where you’ll have the possibility to design the collection, and the Image Lab of Politecnico for the photography part.

I inform you that the course is a closed-number course and that we have received many requests so far.
The enrolments take place in a chronological order and will close on December 30th 2016.

The course is open to graduates, Ph.D, professionals and companies in the fields of product design, fashion, interaction design, smart textile and wearable who want to keep up to date on innovations in the fashion industry.

The idea is to create a sportswear collection using space technology finding new concepts and applications.
It is a unique opportunity to know ESA experts and go in depth into a new area of project in which innovation and sustainability are the principal keywords.

The course is divided into two modules: the first – in collaboration with Colmar and our ESA partner companies - is highly focused on latest space technologies, smart textile and wearable; the second module is designed to put your hands on creating a real capsule collection, from concept to professional shooting, with the help of the tailors and stylists of our fashion lab.

I take the chance to indicate the section “Press room” on our website, http://polidesign.net/en/FiO/PressRoom, from which you can download the articles on this project.
On that same website you can also learn about the partial exemptions reserved to Politecnico students.

For us it is important to communicate the benefits that participants will obtain from this course:
- the possibility to get in touch with major ESA experts and technologies used in space, with the opportunity to partner with companies that do research and innovation about smart textiles and wearables;
- the opportunity to create a real capsule collection with Colmar during the workshop. The collection will be presented with a professional photoshooting produced by Image Lab of the Politecnico di Milano School of Design, and a high level portfolio;
- the final exhibition at the end of the course at ESA/ESTEC headquarters and the participation in worldwide trade fairs organized by TexClubTec.

It is also an occasion to experiment and go inside the Politecnico di Milano fashion and photo laboratories, and a great window of international visibility.

If you’re interested in this opportunity I ask you to send us the following documents:
-          Curriculum vitae
-          Motivational letter in which you explain the reasons of your interest toward the course
-          Application form
-          Copy of identity card/tax code

Course presentation
http://www.polidesign.net/en/FIO

POLI.design contact for submissions

Images download
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxscy7KWuQgLTUZLT1hkY204aUk

[cid:3C430894-F139-43B9-9676-09F20E6BCD47@station]

Prof. Arch Annalisa Dominoni, PhD
DESIGN Department
Politecnico di Milano

Via Durando 38 / A 20158 Milan
tel: +39.02.2399.5987  fax: +39.02.2399.7280
mobile: +39.327.3889607
e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>