Hi everyone,

I’m really happy to be able to provide an update on the Jisc store and let you know about some additional features.  We’ve a great new feature called ‘explore’ which allows you to browse resources by tag, and offer a more exploratory route to finding what you want.  We need to do some more work on the tags to make this really work, but we thought you’d like to see it now and feedback on the general idea.

https://store.jisc.ac.uk/

We have also been working on the submit and edit process of the store and we’re now in a place where we want to get submissions to the new store open to the public as soon as possible so that everyone can start sharing resources.

This is where I’d like your help. It’s my hope that by working together with a diverse and dedicated group of people we can fine tune resource submission to suit everyone’s needs and provide a robust infrastructure for support within Jisc.

An email mailing list has been set up to provide announcements relating to the app store project and this will be used for project updates. If you wish to add your name to this mailing list please visit the web page at www.jiscmail.ac.uk/JISCSTORE, click on ‘Subscribe or Unsubscribe’ and provide your name and email address.

In addition if you have some resources that you’d like to share in the store, please complete this formhttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSccvOZlqmbgdDDLVpBGy_GyZ_ZAmC-AIcTeMe0RMLlbwuuCPA/viewform.  Justin Haylock, our senior innovation developer, will then be in touch set up some testing and feedback sessions.  Initially this will be in a test environment but later you will be guided through the process of adding your resources to the live store platform. Please note that we are just considering free resources for submission at the moment.

Many thanks, in advance, for your very valuable time and consideration.

Michael