*AHRC Funded MPhil/PhD Opportunities in Music*

*Goldsmiths, University of London*

Goldsmiths is part of the CHASE consortium, a block grant AHRC studentship
partnership, which will be offering 75 doctoral research studentships
across the consortium starting in October 2017. We will be entering
selected successful applicants to our MPhil/PhD programmes to the
competition for fully funded studentships early in 2017.

To be considered for entry to the competition, applicants must have been
interviewed and accepted onto one of the MPhil/PhD programmes hosted by the
Department of Music by 11 January 2017. In order to be accepted by this
date, you should have made an online MPhil/PhD application by Friday 9
December 2016.

The Music Department at Goldsmiths has a lively and varied research
environment. Staff research interests are diverse and we offer research
supervision in a wide range of areas, including:

·      Contemporary music

·      Popular music

·      Ethnomusicology

·      Historical Musicology

·      Sonic Art

·      Performance and performance studies

·      Composition

·      Practice-based research in music

In the first instance, and at the earliest opportunity, potential
applicants should identify a potential supervisor and contact them for
discussion of the proposed research. For further information about research
in Music at Goldsmiths and Department staff interests see:
http://www.gold.ac.uk/music/research/

For more details on our MPhil/PhD programmes, and to make an application,
please see our website: http://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/mphil-phd-music/

More information on the CHASE consortium and scholarships is available at:
http://www.chase.ac.uk

Normal AHRC eligibility criteria apply.

Contact information:

Dr Barley Norton, Director of Postgraduate Research,

Music Department, Goldsmiths, University of London