Dear Colleagues

I think you may have very kindly distributed information about our Call for Interpreters' stories already.  We still need more stories and time is running out. Would you be prepared to send this out again to all the people in your networks who might have stories to tell, with the attachments?  I am including our original anthology to stimulate people to think of stories. If you think of anything else I can do to encourage people then please let me know!  We really want those stories...

Many thanks

Beverley

REMINDER ABOUT A CALL FOR NEW STORIES - don't miss the deadline 20th January 2017!!!

We are still looking for more tales for our international anthology of interpreters' stories. The attached flyer has all the details and there is a summary below.

In More Words: Interpreters’ Stories
Are you an interpreter and do you have a story to tell? Mothertongue www.mothertongue.org.uk<http://www.mothertongue.org.uk>  is publishing a new anthology of interpreters’ stories in Autumn 2017, with funding from Awards for All.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for stories from people who may be experienced story tellers or people who have never tried to write before. We are not looking for perfectly finished pieces but stories that need to be heard. You can write in English – it doesn’t need to be perfect as our highly experienced professional editor will work with you to get it to publishable standard if your story is selected. Stories will be selected on the basis of their interest, engagement and their ability to convey the reality of the interpreter experience. You can write in any language you like if you are able to supply us with the translation into English too.
Don’t put it off. Your stories need to be heard if the challenges, achievements and acute needs for interpreted communication are to be understood and appreciated more widely. Why not write something today?
Click on the attachment to find out more. And click on the In Other Words attachment to read some stories from our first anthology to get your ideas going, if you like!

Dr Beverley Costa DPsych, UKCP reg.Psychotherapist
Chief Executive Officer and Clinical Director
Mothertongue
22-24 Cross Street
Reading RG1 1SN
0118 957 6393