From: Centre for Primary Health and Social Care, London Metropolitan University [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 23 November 2016 11:49
To: Suman
Subject: Few tickets remaining! Free workshop and knowledge exchange event: 'Meeting public health challenges in communities', Fri 25 Nov, 10.30am, London Metropolitan University

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser

A very few tickets remaining...

"Meeting public health challenges in communities: global perspectives"

Friday 25 November | 10.30am-4.30pm | The Great Hall

London Metropolitan University

You may have already booked your place, but if you haven’t, here’s your invitation to join us for this day-long workshop and knowledge exchange event bringing together individuals from across the world to present work on meeting global public health challenges within primary care settings and work with communities.

Image removed by sender.

Three broad areas of interest include:

·         Gender, sexualities and health

·         Poverty and inequalities

·         Mental health and well-being

Particular emphasis will be placed on creating opportunities to think critically on how ideas and research findings can be put into everyday practice in health care settings and communities in the Global North and the Global South.

Event Programme:

The day will be organised around two types of presentations:

·         Panel presentations will involve a 15-20 minute short presentation, and focus on sharing of research or best-practice examples in one of our three topic areas.

·         Workshop presentations will involve a formal presentation for 15-20 minutes, followed by a facilitated discussion for 30 minutes focusing on implementation and putting ideas into everyday practice in health settings.

The event is free and open to practitioners, students, researchers, members from non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and members of the wider community. Spaces are, however, limited, so visit our Eventbrite page to sign up today!

It would be great if you could share the following with your networks and interested colleagues. We are hoping to create a day of discussion, debate and spaces to think about real-world implementation of research seeking to tackle wider determinants of public health challenges in communities around the world.

With best wishes

Dr. Rochelle Burgess, PhD

Course leader BSc Health and Social Care (Year 1) | Lecturer, School of Social Professions

London Metropolitan University | Room BEU1-06 | Tower Building | 166-220 Holloway Road | London N7 8DB

T: +44 (0) 20 7133 3698

Research | Twitter | Centre for Primary Health and Social Care

Image removed by sender.London Metropolitan University is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered number 974438 and VAT registered number GB 447 2190 51. Our registered office is at 166-220 Holloway Road, London N7 8DB. London Metropolitan University is an exempt charity under the Charities Act 2011. Its registration number with HMRC is X6880.