From: "GANM (Global Alliance for Nursing and Midwifery)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 21 November 2016 at 02:08:41 GMT
To: "GANM (Global Alliance for Nursing and Midwifery)" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ganm] Summary for 11/20/2016

Summary for November 20

GANM (Global Alliance for Nursing and Midwifery)

Summary for November 20

International Day of the Midwife (IDM) 2017

Linda Wylie

The Virtual International Day of the Midwife is an annual free 24-hour online international conference celebrating midwifery and birth-related matters on IDM.  This year sees the 9th conference and is organised by individuals having backgrounds in midwifery, education and online facilitation. The committee gives their time voluntarily  and is proud to offer this conference entirely free of charge in order to enable midwives, and others interested in the birthing process, to network and participate in continuing professional development.
We have now put out a call for abstracts. Presentations may be about midwifery research, international midwifery (this may include the sustainable development goals), midwifery education initiatives, midwifery practice issues, midwifery philosophy, or Safe Motherhood. Presentations may be organised as informal discussions, panel discussions, meetings or story-telling.
We are also advertising for a student midwife to join the committee. The role of the student midwife member is to assist with conference planning, promotion, implementation, and evaluation with a particular focus on the student midwife perspective. Concurrently with the conference, student cafes are held and the student midwife member would be expected to take the lead in their organisation.
For more information please visit our website vidm.org and consider joining our mailing list for regular updates.
Please send this information around your networks including universities and colleges.
Linda Wylie,
Retired midwifery educator/ Convenor of the VIDM

Partograph

Susan Crabtree

Hi Harriet
Here is a link that might be helpful.
https://www.glowm.com/resources/glowm/videos/safermotherhood/Partograph%20E-tool/Partograph_WHO.swf

best wishesSue

 Susan Crabtree
PhD, RM, BM, MA (Midwifery), PgDipDevStuds
Centre for Development Studies
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Ph: +64 (0)21 323 920

Karline Wilson-Mitchell

Partogram is used for active labour only. So the 0 point is the point at
which active phase was diagnosed.

Karline