Welcome Michael, and what an opening question!

My general impression is that prices for equipment for creating and viewing
AR/VR are coming down, but that expertise in creating genuinely good
virtual or augmented reality experiences is still relatively scarce.

The pace of change might mean that it's difficult to produce outputs at the
same level of quality - each project will probably unmistakably be a
product of its time, and projects with a longer lead time for content
creation and hardware purchases may look dated more quickly than more agile
projects.

I'd love to hear what others things (with a gentle reminder that talking
about your commercial product is ok but spamming us is counter-productive -
i.e. don't post something you'd hate to see a competitor post about their
own product).

Cheers, Mia

http://openobjects.org.uk/
http://twitter.com/mia_out
Check out my book! http://bit.ly/CrowdsourcingOurCulturalHeritage
P.S. I mostly use this address for list mail and don't check it daily