Hi all;

Thanks from me too - I found that looking at different institutions' importances gave me food for thought.

I'm thinking of adding 'Essential Purchase' and 'Recommended Purchase' for tutors to use for items they've bookmarked onto reading lists, but that are not in stock.  This makes these items more visible as a clear instruction, rather than a hidden Library Note saying  'NIS', with the relevant purchasing ratio immediately implied.

As you can filter on 'Importance' when reviewing, these priority actions can be dealt with easily. (Our tutors are pretty well aware of our ratios I think, Kevin.)

We'd then change these to the normal 'Essential' and 'Recommended' once the item's on order, to reduce the number of importances visible in the 'View Breakdown' tool.

Best wishes,

Rachel

Rachel Bramley,

Learning and Teaching Librarian,