Apologies for cross-posting.

General Reading Room Manager, National Library of Scotland
Full time and fixed term for 12 months, salary £29,608 (Pay Point G)

We have an exciting opportunity within our Reader Services Department for a highly organised and motivated individual to join the team as General Reading Room Manager at the National Library of Scotland.

The post holder will take responsibility for managing, delivering and contributing to the operational objectives for the General Reading Room. They will be responsible for managing a team of reading room staff, for delivering and contributing to the development of effective and efficient operational procedures and for ensuring compliance with the Library’s governance.  The General Reading Room Manager will work within the corporate framework and in collaboration with other colleagues to help deliver the Library’s strategic priorities.

Experience of the delivery of reading room services in a large public, research or academic environment is essential. Excellent team leadership skills and knowledge of legislation affecting libraries and the delivery of services e.g. copyright, equality, data protection etc. are also essential. Additionally, the successful candidate will have a good understanding of the needs of the Library’s audiences.

Full details on applying and a job description are available at http://www.nls.engageats.co.uk/Welcome.aspx

John Coll
Head of Access
National Library of Scotland